A source at the Ministry of Youth and Sports has told Footballmadeinghana.com that the second round of the 2018 Zylofon Cash Premier League season is set to resume this October.
Football activities in the country was abruptly halted after the airing of the Anas Aremeyaw Anas ‘Number 12’ video which has collapsed the Ghana football.
But the source speaking to the online firm said, “The plan is for the season to resume in October and expected to finish by May next year,” the source revealed.
This arrangement would mean criteria set out to select the two clubs to represent the country in CAF competitions next year.
“Obviously there will be criteria to pick the teams to compete in Africa because we will have to enter the names of the representatives when the current league would have been in session,” the source said.
A FIFA normalization committee is expected to take over from the FIFA/CAF liaison team to running Ghana football until a new Executive Committee Members are elected into office after a meeting was held between the Ghana government officials and FIFA in Zurich last week Thursday.
The MTN FA Cup, the Division One League and Women’s Competitions are also to be continued around the same time.